As hard as we try, not every school in Louisiana works for every child. There is a better way to make sure our schoolchildren have a school that fits their needs.
Education Reform Solutions
What education reforms do we support? Watch this video and read our 8-point summary below. Then sign up to the right to stay up to date on how The Pelican Institute will fight to support these reforms throughout 2019.
- Empower parents by expanding school choice programs
- Expand school choice scholarships to all Louisiana students
- Introduce new options, such as Educational Savings Accounts (ESAs)
- Promote Course Choice initiatives to allow students in rural and smaller school districts the same learning opportunities as the rest of the state’s students
- Empower quality, high performing teachers
- Reform merit pay and teacher tenure
- Transform the state’s public schools to give the same flexibility and accountability as charter schools
- Encourage new educational options, including high-quality career and technical educational programs