Review current employment opportunities at the Pelican Institute. To apply, send your resume, list of references, and a writing sample to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Join the Pelican Institute Team
External Affairs Manager
The Pelican Institute for Public Policy seeks an External Affairs Manager to help drive an aggressive growth strategy and public policy agenda for the state of Louisiana. The position can be based either in the organization’s New Orleans office or remotely in Louisiana and will require somewhat frequent travel. The successful candidate will be passionate about creating a culture of freedom in Louisiana, will appreciate the atmosphere of an ambitious start-up, will enjoy building and executing lean systems to achieve an aggressive vision, and will be self-motivated.
The successful candidate will also appreciate an internal culture that values entrepreneurism, humor, action, and strategic thinking. This is an opportunity for someone with a passion for liberty to grow and have opportunities for training, mentorship, and experience a variety of different experiences and responsibilities, including the following:
- Work closely with the CEO to develop and implement an organizational fundraising plan, including systems and processes to manage multi-faceted donor stewardship program
- Coordinate moves management plan in support of CEO’s and Board Members’ fundraising efforts
- Track and report progress on fundraising and partner outreach
- Manage portfolio of individual and institutional supporters, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship responsibilities
- Build organizational contact management and fundraising database
- Oversee high dollar direct mail and digital fundraising and membership efforts
- Project-manage key public policy effort involving a diverse coalition of partners and input-givers.
The ideal candidate will have the following attributes:
- 0-3+ years of experience (including internships) in free-market public policy, non-profit fundraising, or project management
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to be a self-starter
- Ability to travel (primarily in-state) on a regular basis
- Experience with individual donors, foundations, and corporate donors
- Notable relationship building skills, and an outgoing, friendly personality
- Solid writing skills
- Ability to multi-task, organize numerous moving parts of a project, and meet deadlines
- Deep understanding of and commitment to the principles of limited government, free enterprise, and personal responsibility
- Experience with databases and basic Microsoft Office products and fundraising databases, preferably DonorPerfect
- Bachelor’s degree
To apply, send resume, list of references, and writing sample to email@example.com.